AUSTRALIAN DANCE CHALLENGE
WE HAVE FILLED OUR TWO DAYS OF COMPETITION FOR 2021!
AUSTRALIAN DANCE CHALLENGE HAS OFFICIALLY SOLD OUT.
PLEASE SEE OUR OTHER EVENT KICK! EISTEDDFOD
WHICH IS CURRENTLY OPEN FOR ENTRIES.
The stage is set for our 15th annual Troupe Competition, and due to popular demand we've opened up more availability this year - to create the ULTIMATE competition. You definitely don't want to miss this one! It's going to be an incredible celebration of Australian dance and choreographic talent. Trust me... you'll want your studio represented.
This year's dates are Sunday 22nd and Sunday 29th August. (At this stage we tentatively plan to hold the 6/u to 12/u sessions on the 22nd, and the 14/u to Open Age sessions on the 29th - however this is subject to change, depending on the entries we receive.)
This extraordinary venue is one of the coolest theatres in greater Sydney. With state of the art lighting rig, a massive audience capacity, generous stage and heaps of comfortable air-conditioned dressing room space, Penrith Panthers Evan Theatre is the perfect venue for our massive 2021 event.
As always we will have a panel of three brilliant industry judges, who will change over halfway through the day. We are so excited to announce them after entries close.
We have cool unique trophies and fun prizes for the dancers. But ADC isn’t just a
competition… it’s a show! And we guarantee an exciting day of entertainment that your
students and their families will LOVE!
Competition entry fees are $45 per routine. (Or free for Studio Savvy members - visit for more information).
Admission ticket prices for audience members is $33 per person (non-performer) - this includes a program. The ticket only applies to one session. For parents who have multiple children across age groups, a $44 [all-day] ticket is available. For anyone needing to be there for both of our competition days, we have a $58 season pass available.
Every performer is required to purchase a PERFORMER PASS for $20. Apart from helping to cover the costs of this premium venue with generous dressing space, this also includes a certificate, a medal, professional photos and a professional video of the performance.
No one will be allowed on the stage without a performer pass.
We are committed to producing a Covid-safe event:
We have enough dressing room space to accommodate 480 dancers at a time, whilst still meeting the 2sqm rule, and an audience capacity of over 900. As the Covid restrictions fluxuate of the next 7 months, we will continue to work with the NSW Health authorities to ensure a safe event for our dancers and our audience.
• Age divisions are based on how old the eldest member of the Troupe was on the 1st January 2021. Up to a maximum of two dancers can be [up to] 12 months above the age limit, to help teachers and choreographers manage their groups.
• Maximum of 2 routines per studio allowed in each section.
• Routine length must be no more than 5 minutes (under 4 minutes is recommended).
• Music must be emailed or sent via dropbox as MP3 file, at least one week prior to the competition. With file names clearly stating studio / song / age group / style
• The judges have been instructed to deduct marks for any lyrics, costumes or
choreography which they would categorise as “inappropriate” for such an event.
• No filming or photos from any audience members is allowed.
• No photos or videos in any of the dressing room areas.
• Groups MUST be ready to perform in program order when called (except for in the
case of there being less than 3 routines since their last performance.)
We have the following age groups…
6/under, 8/under, 10/under, 12/under, 14/under, 16/under and Open Age.
We have the following categories…
Jazz, Tap, Classical Ballet, Hip Hop, Lyrical, Contemporary, Entertainment/Variety/Musical Theatre.
We're here to answer any questions and are happy to chat to studio owners about our competition, so that you can be sure it's the right event for your studio.
Please call Ben on 0402 119 073 or email